Whitening treatments change the natural color of your teeth an average of five - seven tones. Whitening can be done both at the dentist consultation room and at home. The active ingredients that whiteners contain are generally chemicals that help remove the stains both deep down and on the surface.
A cleansing or polishing method is used by dentists in cleaning to remove teeth stains that food and tobacco cause. This treatment is not whitening. Both office and home whitening have advantages and disadvantages.
- It is completed in a short period of time.
- Within about an hour, a whitening gel is applied to the teeth is activated with light.
- It is more permanent relative to the home type.
- There is less sensitivity relative to the home type.
- The total duration of treatment varies between 1 and 4 weeks.
- The gel is applied into the plaque, specially prepared at nighttime before bed.
- It remains in the mouth for 6-8 hours a day.
- It creates more sensitivity.